This post basically covers the steps required to get Access App running with a Site Collection on SharePoint 2013. There are several gotcha’s so have a good read through it. Highly recommend reading the link to the blog post at the end as well.
Get App Management Service running using this post: http://wellytonian.com/2013/09/sharepoint-2013-app-management-setup
Create Access Services 2010 Service Application
- Create a new Access Services 2010 service application via PowerShell or Central Admin
Note: Only required if you need backward compatibility.
Create Access Services 2013 Service Application
There are some gotcha’s and pre-requisites that your database server should meet before turning this service application on:
- SQL Server should be running on Mixed Authentication Mode
- Full-Text Search should be enabled.
- Enable Contained Databases
- Within the application pool running both the services browse to Advanced Settings- Process Model and Turn Load User Profile to True
- Set a Key under Secure Store Service Application
- These requirements may not be part of standard SharePoint 2013 setup. Restart your application server once the change has been done.
Errors that are usually received:
Fix: Check the pre-requisites that are mentioned above. Give the App and SQL server a restart once those changes have been committed
Fix: To get around this problem, create a blank Web Application with “NO HOST HEADER”. Then go stop / delete Default Web Site.
Good read for setting up Access Services App on SharePoint 2013: Post by Kirk Evans